Crisis Management Training Courses
When the phone rings, it is a person who takes the call, a person who takes the next step and people who implement the plan and manage an incident.
Working in the crisis arena where pressure is inevitable, information often scant and the environment and colleagues possibly unfamiliar creates a very different set of challenges to the normal work environment.
People deserve to be prepared and Steelhenge offers a range of crisis management training courses, across London, the UK and internationally, to equip your staff with the competencies they need: from writing the crisis management plan to dealing with the media.
The detailed course content will be designed to meet your specific needs but the subject areas include:
- Introduction to Crisis Management
- Incident Management
- Crisis Leadership and Team Building
- Senior Management Crisis Training
- Introduction to the Media and Crisis Communications
- Media Interview Training
- Using Social Media in a Crisis
- Crisis Management Centres - design and operation
- Information Management - situational awareness & decision making under pressure
- Log-keeper Training
- Exercise Excellence - design, delivery, review
- Preparing for Pandemic Influenza in the Workplace
- Supporting People after Traumatic Incidents
Please contact us to discuss your crisis training requirements.
Bespoke crisis management courses, on-site delivery
The training will be tailored to meet your business objectives, culture and the needs of your staff, their role and level of expertise. Our delivery may be supported by a training needs analysis and maturity model to provide focus and objectivity. This ensures your staff will gain maximum value from the training and your investment.
Our crisis management training courses are delivered on-site at a location of your choice.
Making crisis management training real and relevant
All our trainers have operational experience which means they bring their training alive with real life examples and experience of 'working in the field'. They will also use case studies from your sector or organisation to guarantee relevance.
Putting crisis management principles into practice
To further augment learning, we can deliver facilitated workshops and practical sessions as part of the crisis management training course. This gives delegates the chance to put their learning into action in a safe environment with assistance at hand to answer questions. Research and experience shows this leads to a step change in learning outcome.
E-learning and computer-based training
Steelhenge also develops comprehensive e-learning packages. These can be delivered to delegates as a preparatory phase prior to crisis management training, in place of face to face training or as part of an ongoing learning programme.
Who will benefit from our crisis management training?
- Private sector organisations
- Central Government
- Charities and NGOs
- Regional Offices and Local Authorities
- Staff with a leadership role in crisis
- Staff responsible for crisis communications and media handling
- Staff new to crisis management roles or needing a refresher
- Staff needing an awareness of crisis management to perform in role
See our full list of sector experience and individual case studies here.